27.8.07

!

JoAnn's had balls of white worsted wool for two dollars apiece today. I bought six of them. Thursday after work I'm taking my tip monies over there to see if there are any left.
Seriously, I was fucking freaking out, I'm going to knit hats for Graham and myself and probably Odin out of this yarn, after dyeing it [fucking duh]... I'm way excited.
I love knitting the socks, and I don't want to set the needles down for ANYTHING, but I lovelovelove to knit hats more than anything else, and I'm going to learn fair isle and some shaping with these hats [respectively].

Also today I got Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation, after much deliberation in the book aisle. Choosing between that and Sexy Little Knits was really hard, but there are things in here I'm going to knit NOW, and things in Sexy Little Knits that I want to knit sooon, but not this moment. Sigh. My Christmas/Birthday list was compiled today, and it includes a dozen or so books [off the top of my head I remember Fitted Knits, Knitting Lingerie Style, Knit Two Together, uh, whatever that cables book is called], some interchangeable needles, a Jacquard starter kit, bamboo dpns, and a knitting bag. In theory I can manage to get it all too, if I get a couple gift cards this year... I always get a Border's card, so that's one book there for sure, maybe two if Uncle Jim is feeling spunky when he picks the cards up...

Oh, and I would like to take the time to say that the pattern browser on Ravelry is amazing, and is way helpful as I'm trying to find sock patterns to show Doug's Mom. She wants to learn to knit, and to learn to knit on SOCKS!!! Go Kelly, I say. She wants to make them for all the grandkids for Christmas [awww], and she and I are gonna first pick her out a pattern and then go to the LYS and get her hooked up [and probably get Doug to buy me some stuff while I'm there, too. I really want one of those nifty elasticy hold-all-the-dpns-at-once end protectors. And some project bags. All my small purses have VELCRO on them and I'm sick of using plastic grocery bags. Maybe I should just knit up a project bag...

Maaan, I have to go, I HAVE TO DYE SOME YARN BEFORE I EXPLODE!! I can't wait until I have pictures to show, I have three skeins of sock yarn dyed already, one to go, and tons of worsted on the way!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

What an awesome find! I love yarn store bargains. Always a pleasure to pick up something that was 5 dollars for just a dollar.

Have fun!!

Fancy Pants said...

Hey you! I just found your blog cause I'm seldom on get stitchy anymore but anyway. Welcome to the fold!! hehehe. I hope you are doing awesome.