But the day marches on. I do have beer, Magic Hat, which we did not have in Michigan. It's... Alright. I wouldn't bother buying it again. I also have Cheetos. And a hunk of Munster. And I can always go out and have a cigarette on the dock, because Aunt Alice won't be up for a few hours... She goes back to sleep after she gets me, after all.
I need a car. I need also to bring some cash in for Corey so he can bring me some stuffffff... I need to do some knitting. I started Quant, but I'm on my first section of picking up stitches and have to take it out because I'm using the same yarn for Graham's tie and I need to knit many, many more inches. Fourteen of them or so. And then re-block the whole thing. I can do that today... I guess. I also need to start Doug's socks and also my socks, and work a bit on Serina's Chevron Mitts.
I just picked up Naughty Needles, and all I can say is "omg, who's gonna knit a mermaid tail?"
Yeah, that's me. Though I think first to come will be the Fembot nightie, and also the sock garters and the garter-slip. Uh, and the whole rest of the book. Amy totally wants me to knit her a whip, and so I am all kinds of going to do that. I was thinking about just knitting a practice one up in some Red Heart, because I don't have my stash here and I found some old Red Heart in black and red in a box and my Aunt doesn't want it. I should go check needle size and decide if I'm gonna make it.
All I have here with me are two pair straights, sizes 1 and 2, and four pair dpns, sizes 0, 1, 3, and 7. Seriously, what kind of sense does that make? Why didn't I just bring my needle roll? What was I doing that I was so scatterbrained?
...Oh yeah. I probably can't count all those substances that crossed my lips/lungs this past Spring/Summer. What a fucking crazy time. Ok, I got to twelve and decided I'd better quit while I was ahead. Oh maaaan. Fun times, though.
Also, every time I listen to Mushroomhead I feel a bit like I'm tripping. Same with Primus. Let's have a special moment of reverie, eh? Nothing like driving down the street with the windows down, singing along and growling "If it was up to me I'd free Charles Manson" at random passersby... heheheheeeeheheeee.
But.
I think the time has come for me to go scour pattern info, maybe veg on Ravelry for awhile, get another beer, go have a smoke on the dock, consider walking the two hours to work tomorrow night just to see Amy, 'cause I love 'er, realize that I'm picking up the slang and accent already now that I have a job here, grab yet another beer, and then knit and knit until I decide to do something the fuck else. I should hang out with Crystal sometime, now that she's not working at Tristate anymore. I like that place, though, me and my penchant for sleazy jobs.
I love them. I love the people you meet and the things you can get away with. Ah. Work.
And let's make porn a standard item in my posts, cause Allier appreciated it, and I know I sure do...








No comments:
Post a Comment