So.
I spent the entire day cleaning out rooms of my house... Everything but my room and closet/laundry room actually.
And at two am, Jon and Nida came over, as I was finishing washing dishes [having taken everything out of all of my cupboards, my dining room table now covered in dishes and ALL my food in my fridge]. And upon discovering I was out of spray they ran to WalMart for me.
And.
Well.
Jon and I took out all the trash and all the rugs that are now trash, and all of Odin's old toys I was setting out for free takings, and then he started to spray inside my cupboards for me.
And then he moved the fridge.
And Nida screamed. I couldn't look. I ran to the bathroom and gagged, but managed to not vomit.
He moved the stove [not so bad, actually, and only a couple stray bugs] too. After awhile the sweetheart swept up all the corpses and took them outside. He sprayed the baseboards of my living room and promised me that after Odin goes to stay with Doug we're going to bomb the apartment and afterward he's going to help me clean everything, we'll spend a whole day together cleaning up my place.
I think my landlord is a dickhead.
I think I should live someplace else, but who knows what it would be like there?
I think I'm proud of myself for not puking when Jon discovered a hundred or so roaches behind/under my refrigerator.
I think tomorrow when I clean up my room and my closet I'm also going to spray the baseboards in Odin's room and the hallway and then take him outside for several hours, all at once, with trips inside only so he can use the potty.
But I'm glad. Ivan is flea-free, my kitchen has been drastically cleaned, I got rid of a lot of things I don't use or want or need, I rearranged the stuff hanging on my walls and my furniture, I got an air conditioner, and my house reeks of lemon thanks to Raid.
But it's 5:30 am, and I'm far from sleep.
Every time I close my eyes I see bugs.
Every time my bangs brush my face I think it's bugs.
Soon enough I'm gonna go crawl in with Odin and try desperately to not think of bugs.








No comments:
Post a Comment