17.10.07

bada-bing

So. I feel loads better since my last post. Odin isn't as "fuck you, mom" to me as he'd been being, I've learned to deal with the fact that though I'm Andy's oldest friend here I'm also the least important and certainly not someone he's remotely concerned about as everybody seems to talk to him all the time and I hear from him only once in a fucking while.
Anyway. I've been generally relaxing and hanging out, and I'm doing laundry right now. To be honest, I'm only blogging because I'm waiting around hoping Graham gets online. To be even more honest, I don't think he's gonna, not until much later, if his computer lets him on at all.
I went to talk to A Lady About A Job today with Janelle, at this restaurant she works at in St. Louis. She said they were talking and some Other Lady is going to call me and set up an interview and that nobody there gets interviews and then not hired.
So that's fucking sweet. Someplace that doesn't mind training somebody? Wheeee! She's gotta do some finding-stuff-out, but she'll be needing a roommate sooooon and my mom's gonna give me my first chunk of rent. Plus if it doesn't happen before I really need to leave Sanford, I have a place I can stay with no worries, even with Odin included. I'll have to get a new daycare, but that is so remarkably easy I'm not even slightly worried about it, plus I have a slew of people who would watch Odin for me if I needed them to. Yay. I loveses my friends, especially Mike, who is in Louisiana... Mike who I was supposed to visit and who I missed going to a GUMBO COOKOFF with. !!!
Missed a gumbo cookoff!!! I can't believe it. I would trade a left toe of the taker's choosing to have been at that gumbo cookoff. Then again, I'd give my entire right arm to be in North Carolina, so I suppose I shouldn't keep going around offering body parts.
Though really, that just smatters with deal-with-the-devil allure. Too bad I don't believe in the devil. I'd make a deal with him. Lawful evil is something I can totally handle.
Anyway, here, look at these crazy sea creatures!!!

Oooooh, AND, I have a brand-new Zombie Event Plan. Actually, I have a Plan and several Contingencies. I think it's a good think I ganked that respirator. Now I just need a houseboat. Or a fleet of them.

No comments: