7.8.07

Good News-Bad News

On the subject of sweaters::


I'm really glad I picked something uber-easy for my first sweater, but seriously, all this garter-stitch is really driving me crazy. Though it'll be nice in a way, because once this post is done I'll be lying in the couch with my coffee, desperately trying to either pass out or just rest, and I can knit this mindlessly.... And seriously, this is a TON of garter stitch. Oh well. It'll be soft and comfy and stuff, and with the huge gauge it'll be nice and breezy too, considering it's Southeners I'm knitting this for.

In other knitting news, I've started the G-String I've been meaning to, though after some serious debate in projects... I considered knitting Frenchy, which is another Naughty Needles creation, but knitting some 30-some inch i-cords did NOT sound like fun.
THIS, however, this is fun. This yarn is better than sex. Nobody toooooold me Alpaca was sooooo wonderful!! I made some progress last night, to my amazement, as after eleven I usually just hang out online chatting, but I made it through a few sets of the pattern, yay!
I swear, someday, someday I shall learn to take a decent picture. But I just love this yarn. I could knit from only Alpaca forever and ever and ever.

BUT.
With every exciting knitting post there must be some sort of horror involved... And this is just depressing. This is my Miranda Scarf, which is going to be frogged today. This was my Call of Cthulhu knit, and I was not knitting sober, and I somehow added a stitch. When I tried to take the row out I just kept messing it up, and having never frogged cabling before I had no clue how to get the stitches to go on right... So I just kept on frogging :(
She was a good two feet long, too. I suppose I could get her back on the needles with little problem, figure out where I am [the pattern is horribly easy], but after this baby sweater I don't have enough of this yarn left to make Miranda as long as I want her. I like super long scarves, and I'm pretty tall.
Okay, dammit, I can't get the image to show up, but you can see it on my flickr. One of these days I need to talk to somebody who knows how this damn thing works better than I do. Aaargh.
I think that once the sweater is done and I've done a bit more on the arm warmers [also available on flickr, I'm not playing the Please-Upload-My-Photo properly game again] I'll start another scarf, but if it's cables it'll be Persephone [you can see that by mucking about through the Miranda link], though I don't think it will be. Maybe some lace? I haven't done lace yet...
Anyway, I'm for the couch.
Song of the Morning:: Sublime, Caress Me Down



1 comment:

Twitchy Knitter said...

Woot! It's just me...popping yer comment cherry!
Mmmmmwaaah!

Knit me a corset when you're done with that G-string, will ya?